Had a renter that live up the canal from me, its 75' wide No Wake. He had a Off Shore 34' long with 2 Big Blocks straight pipes out the back. Every time he went out or back making a Wake and so loud made dogs bark rattled the house. After going by several time I went down and talked to him, man to man civil, even helped him tie the boat up. He told me to get off his property and F... Off. 2 other neighbors when and had a talk with him, sheriff when there twice about making a Wake and not having mufflers ( Michigan has a law that mufflers are required with in 1 mile of shore).
After a couple weeks he went to start the boat, it would crank but wouldn't start, someone used a long hose and filled the exult with spray foam. Boat had to be towed to a marina to be repaired. Sheriff took a report but nothing became of it never questioned a neighbor. It took the marina 6 weeks to repair the boat due to foam in the engine heads. Owner of the marina just so happed to live next door to me and has 3 children that the jerks boat woke up several times while taking a nap.
He ended up moving before the boat was put in the water. Wife divorced him.