Could rant if I started buying most gun rags available. G&A 2020 Annual for example. Saw it at Wally World on my daily pass thru nose thumbing the lock down. Had the previously mentioned Marlin 336 Black Tactical Hop Sing Commerative 30-30 with silencer on the cover. The Hook. Got it home an thumbing thru I first came to that article by some guy named Bedmstrand(?). Got partiall thru the article only to find ammo manufacturers are loading too much of the wrong kind of powder in factory 30-30 ammo. You see, unburned powder was exiting the 16 1/4" barrel of the test model 30-30 BTHSC black rifle.

Observing this the writer educated the masses on the suitability of the threaded barrel. All that unburned powder would just load up a suppressor. Not sure of the resulting problem. Could have been something as simple as blowing the threaded portion of the barrel off. Or the gunpowder laden suppressor could have become a live rifle grenade, and that's illegal.

Anyway, sez he, the obvious better options would be a flash hider or muzzle brake to occupy the threads with muzzle brake being preferred. Sure, anyone to the side may suffer hearing detriment but hey, a guy has a right to protect himself from the muzzle blast of this early 7.62 Howitzer. You can't make these things up. I took my loss and tossed it in the circular file. Guess I ranted after all.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."