Why don't you guys that are unhappy with the direction in which Handloader and Rifle are headed post some ideas as to what you want to read about. You don't like the black rifle articles, 6.5 Creedmore has you burned out, someone does an article on the .30-06 and you turn your nose up. Then go ahead and suggest some articles you feel would be note worthy. I too enjoy Terry Wieland's writing. I have always enjoyed history and some of the firearms he writes about are very interesting. Who made them,(and a little bit about the man behind it) when, where and how many. All interesting stuff. I learn from all the writers on these magazine pages. Venturino's stuff is good. I like old lever action guns and the military stuff is also good. Venturino is a good example, look at the broad range of articles and firearms and reloading this man has covered during his writing career. Surely there is something in there you would enjoy checking out. And some of you are probably right, the people who run the magazine may not be gun people at all. I don't know. I agree, it would be nice to turn the writers loose and let them write about anything they want and as long as they want. I read one time that the late Bill Jordan was forced to write about handguns, but in reality he was a rifle guy. I also bet that Brian Pearce could tell you some very wild stories that he has experienced living out there in the boon- docks that has nothing to do with guns and it would be some mighty fine reading. Just my two cents. See ya, BCM