[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Not anything near a true Hawken....but my first "build"

Long story on how it came to be.

I had an idea for what I thought was my ideal flintlock. Fast twist 50cal.

Found a Green Mountain TC 1" replacement barrel. Blued, fast twist, fiber optic sights.

Already had a L&R RPL lock and David deerslayer trigger for a TC (in my factory TC Hawken)

I knew TOTW sold replacement steel furniture. Ordered that and a Pectonia River TC replacement stock in maple. Snagged a Tang on eBay.

The steel and the stock came and I was beside myself. The steel was raw and were castings not drop-in replacement parts.

The stock. Whew! It was kinda sorta shaped like a rifle. The barrel fit. But that was about it.

It all day in the corner for months. I had no idea what to do with it. Always wanted to "build" a flintlock but had no idea how. Heck, I hardly owned any tools at all.

Decided to learn. And, off the deep end I've went.

That rifle, although not a show piece or historically accurate or anything like that, is a laser beam and a killer. Killed my biggest buck to date. Killed a yearling groundhog at a lasered 87yds.

I've now been building a rifle a year or so...and have finished my first plank build. Getting ready to start on plank build #2 here pretty quick.