Just a few nights. Enough to know I don't like it. Before that I thought it might be like a little forced relaxation. Just laze around for a few days, watch TV, and do nothing, have people bring you food and drink. Ha.

Then one day I had some symptoms indicating a possible heart issue, and went to the local urgent care. Two ambulance rides and two hospitals later.... Three days later walked out with a new stent, and pretty exhausted. Constantly being woken up, if not by staff, then from all the sensor pads, bp cuff, and IV pulling at all parts of my body. Or the bed which moved 24/7 to prevent bed sores. Or the constant poking of the IV needle in the crook of the arm.

I was quite happy to get the hell out of there, and practically begged them to let me go home on the last night when they were considering keeping me one more night.

Saw enough that I'm thankful to have UCLA as my health care provider. The 1st night in the hospital at the local Cedars-Sinai is not an experience I ever wish to repeat. Colossal difference at UCLA. While not comfortable by any means, much better. Tremendous staff and facilities.

I am not looking forward to the days which are surely coming where the stays are longer and I'm not in as good of shape to handle how uncomfortable it is.

I don't think anyone "rests comfortably" in a hospital unless they're knocked out on drugs.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.