Since moving to the Texas Hill Country I've had more friggin' surgeries than I care for. The two most serious landed me in the hospital. Emergency gall bladder surgery after an attack while at the lease 247 miles and 5 hours from home. I thought I could tough it out for the weekend and its a good thing I didn't try. The doc said I might not have made it had I not had my partner drive me back. GF took me to the ER and finally had to tell them that I was having chest pains and then they took me in real fast. Hooked me up to an EKG and I was like WTF, its not my chest that hurts. They didn't take my gall bladder out until Saturday afternoon. For an emergency surgery they sure took their damn time. That got me two nights.

I had to have hip replacement surgery in June of 2018. I should have only stayed one night, but they made me stay two because I had some kind of reaction to the pain meds. When the PT saw I was drooling like an idiot he asked me if I was ok and I remember shaking my head no and then being manhandled back into my bed. That surgery got me two nights.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!