You won't get an argument from me about the Grendel; I'm liking mine, a Mini, a lot, after a short time. One of Darrik's specials, I left it in the youth stock and added a slip-on pad for versatility. Replaced the DM with a hinged floorplate, and mounted a Fullfield E1 4.5-14. Pretty slick little rifle and very useful for these parts. Only about $750 invested total. Got lucky with load development: 120gr Gold Dots over 31gr of 2000MR, just under Speer's max. Those bullets are cheap and should be killer-dillers. Next trip it takes to the range willbe to check drops at 200 and 300, as far as I have access to, and much farther than I ever expect to shoot at game, deer anyway.

My stock answer to why companies do or don't offer stuff is that if they think they'll make money with something, they'll make it. The reverse is also true, and they pay someone pretty well to figure that stuff out. In this case, it may be as simple as the resources aren't available to do both at once. Or, since they make .22 Creed brass already (someone here said), sales of that aren't good enough to take the full plunge as yet. Call and ask.

I think the new little 6 will do okay, might even get one, though I have it pretty well surrounded by my Grendel, a .243, and a 6CM. Like the other small 6s, barrel life should be very good compared to bigger ones, with a bit more power than 6x45s and such, 100gr + bullets at the same speed as they push 85s.

What fresh Hell is this?