Originally Posted by JPro
Do a lot of guys shoot 24" AR rifles for the roles the 6mmARC is to fill? The chambering doesn't seem useless or anything, but I'm a little less interested when you start carving off 150fps for use in a typical 20" rifle. Still has a leg up on 5.56 for hunting use, but I'd rather bite the bullet and spend the extra for a 20" 6.5CM on an AR10 if deer is on the menu and you want to keep recoil down.

https://news.barrett.net/2020/06/03/barrett-announces-shipment-of-6mm-arc-rifles-to-us-dod/

Barrett is getting ~2,630+ fps with factory 108s in 18" barrels. Saw other pictures on The Hide where a guy averaged 2,698 fps with the same ammo in a 20". That's not too bad on the velocity loss, and plenty useable.

I like shooting long range, and I like shooting ARs at long range. I like my Creedmoors and my 6.5G, but the Creedmoor doesn't fit in an AR-15 and real world velocities with my 6.5 Grendel are about 200 fps slower than the ARC, with lower BC bullets.

My only questions are 18" or 20"? Medium or heavy profile? LR/hunting combo or heavy LR bench rig? Once I get the answers to those figured out, I'll be ordering a barrel for sure.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 06/04/20.