Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by rickt300
I played with the Grendel in several bolt rifles and one AR. I came to the conclusion that it is better to use the designed for AR cartridges in AR's and use cartridges designed for bolt guns in bolt guns. In the same short action I would have to use for a 6MM ARC I could have it chambered for other more capable 6MM's.

Umm, the Grendel (and the current 6 ARC, and all it's 6mm Grendel wildcat predecessors) are cartridges designed for ARs. That's why they're the length they are, instead of something longer (for hunting/varmint guns) or shorter (for benchrest). What makes you think they were designed for bolt actions?

I basically asked rickt300 the same thing in an earlier post. I think I tried to explain why we get the short end of the stick when choosing a good 6mm AR15 cartridge. Also, brought up guys pizzing and moaning about the 6mm ARC in the hunting rifle forums, saying it brings nothing new to the table. "Other cartridges are better", so they say. One guy even commented about his 6x45 being an equivalent. I also called bs on that statement. I also stated why this cartridge will succeed big time and its about time we get a good 6mm cartridge we can use in our AR15's, without having to go to a bigger heavier AR10, or a wildcat with no support. Yeah, this cartridge doesn't have the poop of the 243 winchester, but this cartridge was designed for an AR15, not the AR10. Also for your statement above, there will be more "better" brass available for the 6mmARC. Trust me on that one..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA