Originally Posted by David_Walter
John,

A 1.5" AR is "begging for a new barrel?"

I remember when that was a rock star group for an average AR.

J's been shooting competitively now, for a little while, and must have caught the accuracy bug. Check out the black rifle challenge here, there are some of us here that believe ar's can be extremely accurate. A lot of us aren't talking 3 shot groups here either. J is one of those guys. Like me, when you shoot comp, you fire more than 3 shots on target, and you want them to be in the X-ring. If not, you might as well be golfing or fishing.. Here's how my iron sight AR did in the black rifle challenge here, and its better than 1.5":
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
It also scores an average of 100-8x. rost has said a few times that a good ar and good shooter can hold moa for 10 shots with irons.. He can correct me if I'm wrong, or I can find that exact quote from the challenge. When I heard that, I questioned it, but with the rifle I'm shooting, it's starting to prove his theory.. I'm like John, I believe with an optic, you should be well within 1 moa for 10 shots with a good AR. Not every AR, but with a GOOD ar... Here's how my Northtech Defense shoots pretty much all the time (well, it hovers around .8 MOA consistently):

As a side note: All of my AR15's have shot sub moa scores in the black rifle challenge here, except for my iron sight Noveske... Even with a scope, it just hovers around 1.1 moa...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA