Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
IMO Hornady just wants to sell more ammo. Did the Army really pick up on this round like I heard? That could make a difference. I'd rather have a Grendel myself. More bullets are available in 6.5 nowadays with better BC's. Brass is readily available. Just another sales pitch from Hornady. They can't let Nosler out-new cartridge them.

Well, they ARE a business. That said, I look at what they've accomplished with the 6.5 Creedmoor and the success that has become. When I look at the wealth of loads available for that cartridge at the local Funstore, the only thing that is comparable is the .223/5.56. The way I see it, they brought the Creedmoor out as a target cartridge, put out a wealth of options for it, and fully supported it (Listening Remington? Do you hear the .260 crying in shame). Then they got Name shooters/builders on board and built a following for it. Viola...success. Looks to me they are trying to follow the same blueprint with this cartridge. Maybe it'll fly, maybe it won't - time will tell.

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"