Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by Tejano
All scopes will benefit from running the rings if not through their full cycle at least half or more to distribute the lubrication. As a matter of habit I always over run the setting I want and then click back. Yes I still tap on the adjustments but again mostly out of habit. Many of the complaints about scope adjustment are actually mounting issues, bases and receivers out of alignment.

I wish that were true but I have never had a loose ring or base screw or alignment issues as I check every ring alignment with a solid steel round bar I have just for the purpose, and I have had this problem for years. I've also tried running the adjustments back and forth many times to loosen up the erector threads, but to no avail... in fact, I went through this just last weekend on 3 different Leupold scopes ... still couldn't get them to adjust without a couple good whacks with the rubber handle of my gunsmith screwdriver....

Bob

Checking alignment with a bar is better than NOT checking it, but actually lapping rings will reveal misalignment you won't see otherwise.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.