Originally Posted by Sheister
I'm really getting tired of having scopes that need to be beat with a screwdriver, or tapped on the side when adjusting to get the adjustments to settle in. Why is it so hard to make a reliable erector system that goes up or right or left or down 1" at 100 yards when it says it will?

Which scopes that you own are reliable to just adjust and shoot and you get the adjustment you need? 1" up is 1" up and not 1" up and 3/4" right, adjust again, and again, and again, until you get where you need to be. And this is just to sight in- what if you have to dial in the field for a long shot? Can you trust your scope to get you where you expect to be when you take that shot you've been preparing for, possibly for years?

I find my Bushnell/Bausch & Lomb Elites to be about as close to what I expect as any scopes I own as far as being on target when I dial and adjusting where I expect them to go... my Leupolds always seem to be a fight to get adjusted where I want them to be...

What has been your experiences and which scopes have you found reliable.... and forget the Vortex fan boy nonsense- I've adjusted enough of my cousins, nephews, friends of son's Vortex scopes at the range on sight in days to know they are one of the worst I've dealt with..... Are the Meoptas, Swarovski's, Zeiss, etc... any better in this regard?

I do know that some of this is because of the scopes setting around, the lubrication inside gets gummy and interferes with the smooth function. But even with practically new scopes lately I can't seem to get an adjustment where I want it on the first couple tries to save my life on at least 50% of my scopes....

Okay, rant over and coffee is starting to kick in..... so, what say you?

Bob

NF
SWFA
S&B
Bushnell Elite Tactical line card
Zeiss V6 & V4

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”