If it runs from me I'll hunt it, and as someone said, never stop learning. In my 20's a wise mentor hunter told me to learn to enjoy what the locality offered where I lived. That way you don't feel like you have to travel somewhere distant to enjoy a hunt.

So in Southern California I learned to hunt halibut and lobster and sea bass underwater. While living in British Columbia I loved hunting alpine critters, still hunting migrating mulies in snowy forest, rattling whitetails, and slipping through coastal wet forest for blacktails. Everywhere I've lived I've called predators.

Calling animals has been a delight and I've called about 35 kinds not counting any waterfowl. As I age, calling critters to me has kept me hunting better, without as much physical effort. I am coming full circle to enjoying the hunts for deer, grouse and calling cats as my favorites.

One other quirk: not sure why but I tend to get close to critters. I bow hunted a lot in my 20's, especially when calling, and to this day tend to get close to game, even when I have a scoped centerfire rifle in hand. Have called or stalked foxes, coyotes, moose, elk, black bear, grizzly, caribou, bobcat, lynx, mule deer, whitetail, cougar... (and probably some stuff I don't know about) inside of ten yards, a good number of those within touching/powder burn distance.