Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Reloder28
The 51st state should be Jefferson.

Exactly what I was thinking. Rather than simply vote down the Dems ploy, the GOP should (but I know won't) counter with a presentation of the facts about states that are controlled by urban liberals. California is a perfect example. If DC is made a state, then there should be at least one new conservative-majority state carved out of California. Maybe even extend it through Oregon and Washington and into Nevada. That new state would come into creation with a good number of Congressional Representatives cleaved out of CA, OR, WA and Nevada and the two new senators would counter the two DC would get.

If the argument is that the people of D.C. don't get certain elements of representation due to the fact that they aren't a state, then the same argument goes for all of those landlocked conservatives in liberal states.

There's a few folks around these parts that would agree with that.

The Modoc has been part of Washington, Utah, and Nevada territories before. And a part of other counties here too.

It would be nice to become part of the 51st State.

The name "Jefferson" might not fly though. As much as I hate the idea of that kind of PC crap.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?