Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Reloder28
The 51st state should be Jefferson.

Exactly what I was thinking. Rather than simply vote down the Dems ploy, the GOP should (but I know won't) counter with a presentation of the facts about states that are controlled by urban liberals. California is a perfect example. If DC is made a state, then there should be at least one new conservative-majority state carved out of California. Maybe even extend it through Oregon and Washington and into Nevada. That new state would come into creation with a good number of Congressional Representatives cleaved out of CA, OR, WA and Nevada and the two new senators would counter the two DC would get.

If the argument is that the people of D.C. don't get certain elements of representation due to the fact that they aren't a state, then the same argument goes for all of those landlocked conservatives in liberal states.

There's a few folks around these parts that would agree with that.

The Modoc has been part of Washington, Utah, and Nevada territories before. And a part of other counties here too.

It would be nice to become part of the 51st State.

The name "Jefferson" might not fly though. As much as I hate the idea of that kind of PC crap.

The last statement there is why a lot of guys in real Red States don't trust y'all. Sorry, because I like you, but these liberal ideas in liberal places just seem to infect people. Same reason Minneapolis residents that claim they are conservative aren't welcome in Kansas or Oklahoma or the like. Y'all cave on the very name of your so-called Conservative answer to the urban areas of Cali that you folks say run everything, but you're willing to give up the name that it has been known by for YEARS. It's just a name, but without that, what do you got?

I think you've got me all wrong dude.

As much as I hate the idea of that kind of PC crap.

I'd love for it to be Jefferson, I have no issue with it. Have supported the idea since the 70's. Matter of fact, split off the counties East of the Sierras, add in the Western Counties of AZ and a good chunk of NV outside the two big cities, and make another State called Franklin, or Kennedy, or CalNevAri for all I care. That would give "us" another conservative state.

Try getting a 51st state, or 52 if they push through DC, with that name through congress. Odds are it ain't gonna happen..

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of folks that favor our separation from Cali and Oregon favor the Jefferson name. And we'd not give in, until it's time to schiedt or get off the pot. If Congress wouldn't pass it as Jefferson, would you suggest we keep trying to push it through as such or accept another name AND our new state.

It's all well and good to talk tough, but sometimes practicality matters more for the end result.

I care way way less about a name and a bunch more about the results.
If y'all can get out from under the thumb of the crazoids in Sacramento, then more power to you.