I’ll mention what’s important to me, since everyone is different don’t know if it’s meaningful to you.

I only care about coffee in the morning. Strong coffee. No talking. I will eat whatever, or nothing, so long as I have strong coffee.

A ground pad (like a backpackers pad) cut in half is nice when you want to take a nap on the snow.

OnX is super nice to have aerials with you.

Don’t go back to camp for lunch unless you are moving location. Take a nap in the field. Amazing how many elk we kill in the middle of the day.

Calories are important. Carry them with you. I like the thin sandwich rounds with butter, salami, and cheese. And apples. I also lose weight just because I get tired of not eating good food.

And that brings us to supper. Usually after dark. Fast is most important because I need sleep.

Get as much sleep as you can!

The biggest 6x6 I’ve killed was the only elk I saw in 10 days. Last year I had a bull tag for Idaho and saw 3 cows in 5 days but no bulls. Public land hunts are that way sometimes. It gets tough when you aren’t seeing animals. Keep your spirits up!