Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Was sitting in our hotel lobby in Twin Falls tonight, drinking a beer, reading the paper. Decided to step up to the counter and order some supper from their kitchen. Grabbed a menu and walked back to where I was sitting. Was on the phone with the wife and mentioned there was a woman absolutley glaring at me returning to my seat.

She struggles to get up and come over to me while I am on the phne and holds out a cloth napkin with 2 hands and loks at me and says, "Please". I had not clue what she was saying or meaning. I inquired what she needed. Again I got, "Please" with the napkin holding it out. I really had no clue. The woman obviously struggled a little to either speak or form her thoughts before speaking. She finally said please use this to cover your mouth.

I was a bit befuddled. Apparently I had cleared my throat or coughed a little while going up and back to get the menu. Meanwhile she is imploring me to use this napkin to cover my mouth.

I simply said I have some allergies that cause a little phlegm in my throat. And the big point, she approached me and put herself closer to me to confront me than I ever came to her walking to get a menu.

Before I really tore her new [bleep] her husband showed up and helped her away by the elbow.

Going to go out on a limb and say she is a Californian or Oregonian
Sounds like she is suffering from Dementia...like Biden.

THIS is what I thought too lol. After dealing with elderly with dementia I can tell you first hand they lose whatever filter they once had. The struggle to come over was probably the internal battle we have sometime to say something. Not that this is a pass or anything just giving another angle on the encounter. You had more restraint than I would have given my current level of anger over all this.