Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Several times in past month or two I have been approached in parking lot by folks in cars either wanting to sell stuff or want money ( for food, yeah!) and i always answer them in German. Works good!

The absolute best answer I got was from middle eastern chick trying to sell me "gold" jewelry. She has her husband( partner in crime) pull their car over and she gets out. Walks up to me with more jewelry and just jabbering away in German!!!! I simply just busted out laughing in her face! We had a nice conversation about how I was almost broke and I was getting groceries for my invalid wife. She got in the minivan and told the man to drive!

French works too!!!

Reminds me of when I was in Prague. Oriental shopkeepers below our apartment obviously didn't like Americans. So, to f*ck with them back, I'd speak to them in Spanish.. wearing my Miami Dolphins visor.

I don't have any command of Czech, but I could understand their muttering enough that they knew I was American. I didn't have the Cuban slur down well enough, I guess. smile

They didn't care for me much. I got over it.. quickly. Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH