I've seen 200gr GK up close on a both deer and elk, but at 30-06 speed (2630 mv). Deer was a forkhorn. Shot through the heart broadside at about 30 yds. It looked hit with a sledge hammer--dropped on its side and never even flinched. Elk at about 65 yds. We thought she was not as quartered away as she was. My brother shot for the offside shoulder, and thought he hit her in the onside ribs. We were so elk-fevered and rattled by the way things went down (I had just done a lot of running and gunning to connect on what we thought was a solo elk, and then this cow wandered out of the timber from another direction) that we both just sat down and waited, as she was obviously hit well. She walked to a tree and laid down under it, with her head hanging low, so we walked up and finished her. She was a huge cow. Turned out the SGK had hit her square in the hind quarter muscle on the near side, punched through her guts, poked through a lung, and was embedded in the chest cavity, just under the front of the opposite shoulder. Given that he shot her in the ass, with a "soft" bullet, the wound channel through the rear quarter was surprisingly not torn up badly. The bullet traveled through that muscle, the guts, the chest cavity. It was perfectly but not widely mushroomed and weighed 151 gr. In my opinion, that IS a 200gr Partition. Sierra uses a very hardened lead core in those. Not sure what they would do a higher speed, but from the performance on that elk, I'd not be concerned to do it again. I also wouldn't push them to 3200fps.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.