About 11 yesterday morning I received a text message from my daughter that my son had been in an accident. He was at a branding and had roped a calf to drag to the fire. The calf circled towards the back of the horse and tangled him in the rope. Somewhere in the mess he came off the horse and was knocked unconscious. The calf was still tied to him and dallied to the horse. Others ran to help and cut the rope to free him. He was out for 8-10 minutes before he came to. They called the ambulance as he had some obvious severe injuries.

After he got to the hospital they found he had a fractured skull. He was flown life flight to Casper where he underwent emergency surgery to repair his skull. The neurosurgeon has to install a few titanium plates to piece it all back together.

He is recovering slowly now. He’s not paralyzed and has no brain damage but has a long road to recovery in front of him. He’s a trooper and has a positive attitude. This is one tough kid. And he’s my hero...

Goes to show how fast life changing events can happen. Don’t take anything for granted and cherish time with your kids...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Public landowner...