Originally Posted by Cinch
Originally Posted by renegade50
Speedy recovery for him!!!
That xray looks pretty bad.
Did he hit a rock or something?
Get stomped by the horse?
Not being morbid asking.
Looks like alot of impact force concentrated hard.

Young and tough.
Should recover well.

They don’t know for sure what he hit with his head. Could have been the saddle horn or a rock or the calf got him but he was luckily on a good horse. The horse stood there through it all and never moved. He was in a big cloud of dust and no one really saw what he hit. The piece that was broken was actually broken into 4 pieces. So he hit something very hard. Looking at the X-ray it looks like that’s the thinnest part of the skull.

Cinch;
Good evening sir, thanks for sharing this family experience with us.

As a fellow father who cradled my daughter in my lap on a fast ride to the hospital with a head injury, I can say I didn't enjoy it much at all.

This spring was the first time in something like 27 years I wasn't at a branding as my rancher buddy sold off his herd, so that's an activity I've some familiarity with as well.

My goodness, that pony gets an extra treat for the rest of his days and maybe a big hug too... horses can surely go either way sometimes and this time it was a major blessing it stood.

Please know your son and your family will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery for him with no lasting issues.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"