I worked as a paramedic for 14 years. I saw many, many severe head injuries, not many rodeo injuries we didn't have a rodeo in Baldwin Co. Georgia. Mostly car wrecks and baseball bat assault.
Good God! Your son has a bad skull fracture.

Damn. He is lucky even to be alive. Looks like he got some great medical care. What a tough kid.
Y'all hang in there looks like this is one Tough Cowboy.

By the way, I lived for a year in eastern Washington near the Idaho line. I went one time to a rodeo, hell I didn't even know that rodeos still existed.
The guy on the loudspeaker said they would pay $25 for any man who would ride the bareback bronco bull.
I was 6-3 and 205, I was in great shape from loading hay bales. I must say I was a pretty tough young man. 26 years old.
And all the guys were pushing me to get up and ride the bull.

I said "Hell no do you think I am crazy?" Damn that looked like some dangerous stuff. I have flown hang gliders, I have parachuted from a Cessna, I have volunteered for some dangerous stuff but I wouldn't touch that rodeo stuff with a ten foot pole.

I admire courage wherever I find it, because it is such a rare thing these days. I admire any of y'all who have the guts to ride the rodeo. Hats off to the rodeo Boys!!

Best wishes to your brave son I bet he will make a full recovery. Looks like some great medical care.