Originally Posted by Bobmar
By catastrophic explosion, I meant one that was bad enough to blow a big enough hole in the skin of the ship, that it sank. But even then, you’re pierside. So it sinks at the dock. You patch the hull, then dewater the flooded compartments. The ship is afloat but needs repairs. Not a huge deal. Losing a ship entirely is not something anybody in the Navy wants to be a part of. That’s why I think this discussion of a total loss makes no sense, especially considering the history and the proud name.

Received a text from relative down there able to get more news than renegade.

Text said:

Rear Admiral Phillip Stobeck says it's likely to be salvageable even though SD Fire Chief says it will burn to the waterline. The fuel is well below the waterline and they are still trying to find out why it began. Likely to burn for days they say.

Maybe Jag is right, maybe it was Muzzies.

I'm only able to get national news regularly, or the local SD stations online. So I just go by what the relatives down south can tell me, seeing as how they have an ear closer to it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?