1911a1: I would recommend Klipsch horn speakers, such as the Heresy III from their Heritage line. The Klipsch horn design is incredibly sensitive and does not require high wattage at all, in fact, they excel with low wattage amplifiers, whether tube or solid state. The Heritage line from Klipsch is an all together different animal than other speakers offered by Klipsch.

Of course, I'd recommend auditioning several brands and types of speakers and go with what sounds best to you. What's your speaker budget?

I'm piecing together another system which consists of Klipsch Heresy IIIs, a McIntosh MC250 & a McIntosh C45. I'm almost there - just need to find a good C45 w the tuner upgrade and the RAA1 antenna for a decent price. I've heard such a system and it's absolutely sublime.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/15/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue