Originally Posted by KFWA
so you guys that have those older systems, are you buying a turntable and playing vinyl records?I have an old Denon in my workshop that I've had for years, and I ended up hooking a bluetooth receiver to the tape in, and I have a Amazon echo dot that stays connected to it so I stream music thru it when I'm out there. Never had a Marantz - someone mentioned McIntosh - that is a receiver I always wanted to have but never had the cash to buy. About the best I could afford back in the day was a used Sansui
Turntables/vinyl? Aside from my 75 year immersion in music, and even though we have lived in various parts of the US and have moved a few times, I seem to be a hoarder of hi fi equipment. I have kept just about every turntable acquired since 1958, including Garrard, Rec O Cut, Thorens, Audio Tehnica, Tecnics DD, Miracord, Sony DD, Transcriptor Skeleton, etc. What a pile of flotsam - but I do use some of them.

Also have kept most of the vinyl - everything - from classical to jazz to rock/pop to show tunes to some country, to Christian etc. There must be 300 of them here - and recent MOVED THEM AGAIN.. Just nutso - but happy. So - yes - we do use the TTs and listen to old vinyl. I do think that tubes sound more natural.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron