Originally Posted by usull
Yes Sir High Noon I should have read every response. I stopped in at Audio Classics last year and they had Klipsch Corner Horns and were assembling a Levinson System for some lucky Customer. They also favor Jadis Equipment. They are also very skilled in Repairing and Testing High end Equipment. I was amazed at their inventory !

It's well worth the expense to purchase from Audio Classics. They are true experts and just as important, they know how to properly package their equipment.

Audio Classics has a dedicated shipping department and they make their own double walled, double boxed shipping crates. I was extremely pleased with the quality of their packaging. In my case, the McIntosh packaging materials consisted of the following: The holes they drilled in the wood board (used to affix the piece of audio equipment and keep it from moving around during transit) were perfectly aligned, they sent all the machine screws and washers necessary to affix the amp to the board, and they even included sheet metal screws in case the holes on the chassis were stripped. Also included were two heavy-duty, double walled cartons (inner & outer), dense closed cell foam to line the walls of the outer box, plenty of bubble wrap to fill the voids and layers of cardboard glued together to level the inner box. They certainly know how to pack 'em properly.

Proper packaging materials are just as important as finding highly-skilled technicians that are experts in restoring these old pieces of audio equipment that we love. If not packaged properly, a 50 or 100 lb. amp will be damaged during shipping and no one wants to deal w/ that hassle. The packaging materials I received from Audio Classics were so stout, in fact, that if a person was so inclined, he could stand on the shipping crates and not crush the cartons!

Also important to note: If you purchase a piece of equipment elsewhere, Audio Classics will make and send you the proper packaging materials for a reasonable cost, so you can greatly minimize the possibility of damage during transit.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/15/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue