Originally Posted by Oldman3
Paul..... what exactly does a Readers Digest Book Return crew, do? Inquiring minds want to know. grin
Randy, this was a boring but decent paying summer job near the college - six or eight of us worked 10 hours a day in a small annex room of the Pleasantville, NY post office hauling in from a truck never ending stacks of return-mailed Readers Digest condensed books - dump them on a table, slice open each individual book box, remove the unread book, stack it on a cart, and haul it to a waiting truck for return to the Reader's Digest headquarters up the parkway. My first experience with a "box cutter" knife - got to be ambidextrous - still gave me blisters.

In the OP I also forgot to mention golf caddy (started at age 12) and paper route delivery kid which also started at 12. Today I rebuilt the drive-line parking brake unit on our Trek Motorhome - on my back in the dirt under a low coach with the drum about two inches above my nose - didn't make a penny. But, Maddy did make us each a great hamburger sandwich with fresh fruit.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron