Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
I never swerve. Haven't had that many animals jump out in front of me but I just hit the brakes as a general rule, except for possums - I hate possums and they are small enough to avoid damage to my vehicle, so are fair game. I ran over a cat when I had a motorbike - didn't see it in time to do anything so I just ran over it. It went under the front wheel and hit the sump guard (I was on a trail bike - KLR600) and then ran off.

Why do you hate possums?

They eat fleas and Ticks by the thousands.

Friend of mine had a Pet possum that he raised from a baby,Kept in his house and was a very loving animal that laid in his lap when he sat in the recliner.
The Possum played with the dogs and cats outside .
They liked her too .
She died of old age and my friend cried like a baby.

He was ex Military and one of the roughest toughest men I ever knew in a fight and a hunter who lived in the country and he and his family lived almost exclusively off of game he killed or fish he caught and what he grew in his garden.

He knew the difference between killing to eat or in defense of family and Country and Just wanton senseless killing,taught his boys the same from an early age.

When I was a Kid I would just kill them for no reason ,same with Snakes and birds even songbirds whose only transgression was to live and sing.

I am 60 now and no longer kill just for a target or just because I can and ashamed of myself that I ever did.

I live in the suburbs and I'm fairly sure they don't give me any benefits. Numbers have increased over the years for some reason. The worst thing about them is that they get into the roof spaces and make horrendous noises at any time during the day and night.

They are heavy footed for such small creatures. I have a tin roof over the patio next to my bedroom and I get woken up by then stomping across it most nights. They did lift some tiles and get into the roof at one stage but I fixed that. While they were there they'd stomp around any time - if you'd heard them you'd swear that someone had broken into the house and was moving around furniture.

They harrassed and scared my elderly mother in her home too.

They are native so we can't kill them. I can only get lucky and run them over by accident.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?