I’ve used 165 grain Speer and Hornady from a .308 Win., 150grain partitions front a .270 Win. (wife’s retired rifle), 165 grain partition from a 30-06 and a cast 265 grain cast bullet front a .44 Mag.....all were satisfactory!

The only abysmal bullet failure was a Sierra 300 grain SBT from a .375 H&H. The Mule Deer spike was shot broadside. Deer expired rather quickly, with much internal damage.....the bullet failed to exit. There were no large bullet fragments to be found. To many, this may be the desired performance from a bullet on game. However, on “small” big game, with a broadside impact point, using a 300 grain bullet from a .375 H&H, I expect...... no “demand” a bullet exit! From that season forward the remainder of these bullets were used in fire forming brass for my new AI, and shooting Prairie Dogs and Jack Rabbits memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024