I have also snagged a few lever actions this past year.
The first gun I ever owned is a 1977 Marlin 336 in 30-30. My parents bought it for me when they saw I had caught the deer hunting bug so it will always be special to me. I always had a scope of some kind on it until I recently bought a used set of Skinner sights for it. It made me like it even more.
I also have a 1977 Marlin 39 with a Williams peep sight. God only knows how many rounds my sons, nephews and nieces have sent down the barrel of that little gun. A friend of mine has been trying to pry it away from me for years but this one isn't going anywhere outside my family.
I had a Remlin 1894 in 44 mag that was plagued with feeding problems from the start. I sent it back to Marlin for repair and then sold it. I replaced it with a REAL Marlin 1894. I put a set of Skinners on it and it's quickly become one of my favorite plinkers.
Then I got my first Winchester. My Uncle Hank passed away this spring and left me his NRA Centennial Model 94 rifle. I replaced the sights with a Williams peep and I've really enjoyed shooting it. It has the pistol grip stock and the longer barrel balances really well for off-hand shooting. I hope to shoot a buck with it this fall in his memory. I see now what cumminscowboy means about the handy feel of a 94.
Finally I bought a used Browning BLR in 308Win. with a pistol grip stock on the Classifieds here. I scoped it with a VX1 2-7 and I'm having blast with it. The only thing is the horrendous 6 lb. trigger, so I contacted Neil Jones about doing a trigger job. I'll shoot it some more before sending it off for any work. It seems pretty new so maybe it will loosen up a bit.
I still don't know what I like better. There's just something about a levergun.

Last edited by River_Ridge; 07/27/20.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.