Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Never thought I would hear Mom call me a dirty rotten muutherfuuker, but there it was.
We have thrown them in jail, and we are looking to steal their money or just getting rid of them because they are old and a burden.
This paranoia has led to her not taking her meds because we talked the docs into giving them meds that make them compliant. And that’s how we tricked them into signing the lease.....on and on and on.
The hardest part is not being able to get to them. This is due to Whitmer and her cabal threaten to yank the licenses of facilities and bar anyone who works there from ever working in care positions. Evil bitch

Mark, your mom didn't call you those names, the disease did. Dementia is a cruel bitch. Caring for your mom is hard enough without all the COVID bullshit. You're a good son and your mom has always known that. She just can't tell you anymore.

It'll be a year in August that we buried dad. Mom tried caring for him for 2 years at home. He said some pretty awful things to both of us, tried to leave in the middle of the night a number of times, ate weird stuff like dry oatmeal or gravy mix packets. The sheriff had to be called a couple of times. Every time he had an episode, mom would call me and I'd come over; no matter the hour. One time I had to disconnect the garage door opener so he wouldn't leave, the keys to the car were always hid. We put alarms on all exit doors. We put a black mat in front of his bedroom door so he would think it was a large hole and be afraid to cross it. I even had to take the firing pin out of the Sig that was at his bedside for so many years. His bathroom issues required mom doing laundry every day. We didn't get a lot of sleep those 2 years. It plumb wore mom out. Even with the help we brought in.

We finally found a place that would take him. After 3 weeks they called an ambulance to take him to ER because he was "combative". Said he pinned two of them against a wall during a bathroom visit. The guy was 86 and in a walker for [bleep] sake. They said they wouldn't take him back. Found out later he called them Nigerians or some such. So he sat in ER for 2 days waiting for a placement. When none was found, they sent him by ambo to a psych hospital 2 hours away in another state, supposedly for 2 days. It was 3 weeks. Sociopaths and psychopaths stole his clothes and belongings. He was pushed down. kicked, and punched there. He has some sort of K poisoning there too. I called no less than 70 places between my place and yours, all the way south to the state line. No joy. By happenstance and sheer desperation I went to a small local memory care house and they took him in with open arms. They treated him well. He lived there for 3 months before he passed. He said some pretty nice things to me in a moment of lucidity that I will never forget as long as I live. God bless those caregivers.

Mom and I talked about it. We're so grateful that he passed when he did. This COVID thing would have been sheer hell. She is still in their 2500sq ft house. She's 86 too now and kind of frail. She's scared to leave for an asst living place because people are dropping like flies there. 31 in one local facility. So I maintain 2 households. There ain't much free time. She's lonely and wore out. Dementia took two lives.

I told my wife that if there comes a time when I can't remember my kids names, the troopers can find me on the south bank of the North Branch, not far from the Holy Waters. There at my side will be an empty glass of a good bourbon, a half smoked maduro, and my favorite pistol.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin