Mark... I know exactly what you're going through; definitely a hand full, frustrating, and sad. My MIL has it and will be 104 in a couple weeks. She lived alone until about 4.5 yrs ago when she fell and broke her hip. She fell about 20' from her phone and managed to get to the phone somehow w/o getting up, pulled the phone off desk by using her good leg, called us (1 mile away) and said she fell and can't get up! Called ambulance, hospitalized, repaired, and admitted to care facility. This is when dementia started showing and has really worsened since. Upon her release (couple months), we started caring for her & had her in our home until last January when we had no choice but to admit her to local Assisted Living facility. At 80 & 82 respectively, we literally had no choice. To further complicate issues, she's nearly stone deaf & poor eyesight. She remained in the facility until June 15, when we pulled her out and back to her home with my youngest daughter (just retired & buying Granny's home) who insisted on taking care of her. She has her hands full, as she's now confined to wheelchair & requires constant care. I could add a ton more of incidents to this already long post, but really would serve no purpose, as anyone who has dealt with this ungodly disease fully understands the trials & tribulations. Hang in there Mark & praying for you and all the others that are coping with this miserable disease .

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member