Originally Posted by MadMooner
To the Forum,

Hello. My name is Tom. I am a longtime down the street neighbor, a longtime close personal friend and was one of his shooting and hunting buddies.

It is with extreme sadness and difficulty tonight, that I report to this forum, that John Clarke (Big Squeeze Deflave) passed away late this morning Oct 9 at approximately 11am PDT. He was 59 years of age.

Yesterday, he and I had gone to the range. On the way home I invited him over to have dinner with me and my wife. Just before we had finished dinner at about 7:30pm, all of a sudden he began to complain of extreme pain to his head. He soon collapsed and lost total consciousness.

Paramedics were called right away and within a few minutes they arrived. Upon leaving for the hospital he still had a pulse. The wife and I were at the hospital all into the night and well into this morning. At about 11:05 this morning the terrible news had come. The doctors said that he never regained consciousness and died at about 11am.

This is an absolute shock. At 6'3" 235-240 lbs, John Clarke had great physical strength, was fit, ate healthy and didn`t even look his age at all. I told the doctor that he never complained of any head issues. Until the autopsy results are final, it appears to the doctors that a major brain anuryism COVID of some kind had occurred.

I did tell the doctor that he had been in martial arts since a youngster, taught martial arts for years and taught even up to this day. Could that have caused this I asked. I never saw any trauma to his head in all the years I`ve known him. The doctors said that the autopsy will have the final say and that it was too soon to speculate.

His daughter whom I know and contacted last night along with his sister, brother in law and a niece were at his bedside.

His daughter asked me if I would make all the computer contacts necessary and gave to me his password if I needed it. John CLARKE logged onto this Fire forum many times while I was over at his house which allowed me to log on and report this terrible news.

He is survived by his daughter (13) who ironically is expecting in late Nov near his birthday. A grandchild he will never see. He is also survived by an older sister, a brother in law, 2 nephews, a niece, and by many many friends.

Funeral arrangements are pending. His daughter mentioned that he will be buried next to his son, whom I knew well who died in Sept 2005. Even more ironic, his late son`s birthdate was on Oct 9.

After the funeral and the final autopsy results are in, I will log in on a later date and inform everyone about the details.

Thank you,

Is there a GoFundMe to help with his grandchild?

I have jar of loose change I could mail also.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.