Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Jag, today was one the easiest 'work' days of the year.

Sit on your ass all day.

And yes the A/C works great.

Blew the radiator out with the pressure washer(again) before we left the riverbottom and engine temp gauge didn't hit 180F all day.

Rough in places though.

Could use a softer seat.
I use the air compressor to blow the radiator out because I'm afraid of bending the fins with a pressure washer. Mine needs it...AGAIN. Takes about five minutes for it to get about plugged up again. The a/c did work pretty good this year though. Only got uncomfortable in the cab a few times. Then again I think its only reached 100 maybe a couple of times. Lots of 95 degree days though.

Hay only made about half what it did last year, but last year's crop came out a lot later, probably hurting the yields.

I mowed most of my rough-as-hell meadows in 6th gear. Got on my cousin's big, smooth meadow. I was hurling along in 7th. I dropped back to 6th in some rough stuff and saw he was broke down, so I gave him a ride to the gate where my wife taken him over to his shop to get some shixt to fix his mower. He was riding and he's like, "why you goin' so slow?". Shixt ALL my stuff is too rough to go any faster. I think he was running in 8th all over the field. Open station tractor too. Like, a 1968 or so IH 856. Screw that old-school shixt.

You're right, about seats. I could use some more padding.

I use a blowgun with a small opening to blow out radiators in the field. Small opening, and really does a great job!

One of these... https://www.harborfreight.com/20-in-telescoping-air-blow-gun-68261.html

Yes Harbor Freight does have a few things worthy of owning... grin

I do periodically pressure wash everything, including the radiators. I just use a medium nozzle, and try to not hit it from the side. Not bent any fins.

Those air ride seats are worth their weight in gold! All three of my machines have an air ride seat.

And a stereo. Used to not listen to anything but the machinery, but have found out that I can listen to talk radio with it drowning out what I need to hear. Music does drown out too much... So I ride around listening to Rush... smile

You guys,

riddle me this one Batman.

They've been making tractors for how long now? And you folks been cutting hay and alfalfa for how long now? And having to stop to clean off the radiator/A/C condensor for how long now?

Don'tcha think they could have figured out a way for you to do at least a half days work without risking the engine overheating?

But, maybe that's their plan?

Just brainstorming here, Sam et al.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?