Originally Posted by Dess
My first paycheck job was McDonalds. My manager was one of the best I ever had and taught me a lot. He would hire someone, and if they worked hard, he'd give them a raise within a month. It helped keep decent people, and the others would soon quit. I got a raise before my first paycheck. He also was no-nonsense when it came to paychecks. He staffed appropriately on payday and didn't play games with your money. In fact, one of his sayings was "The quickest way to pi$$ off someone is to mess with their money or their family." His management style was one that if you weren't in the middle of a lunch or dinner rush, you should be cleaning up or preparing for one. Couple of months later I was running my own shift. Had to be 18 for manger, but I didn't want a career at McDonalds.

Years later, I was eating my lunch at a McDonalds, and noticed it was fully and completely staffed. There were corporate type people going around and asking customers questions. A manager with a clipboard was dutifully writing down responses. When they approached my table, he asked the usual questions about quality, price, and cleanliness. His last question was if there was anything they could do to improve efficiency. I asked if he had ever worked a lunch rush when half your crew was missing. He said no, and I told him that if he had, he would figure out damn quick what the inefficiencies were. The manager with the clipboard was happily writing everything down and gave me a knowing wink.

Decent part time job for a 16 year old high school kid.

Everyone should work compulsory 1 years’ service at a mcD, wendys or BK

At wendys, if you got time to lean, you got time to clean

Today, you see employees, slapping each other, horsing around, even in front of guests, oogling at something on a phone, staring out of the window.

Trash overflowing, greasy floors, random light bulbs out, bathrooms looks like mammoth cave environment.

People on registers that barely speak English