Our squad was guarding an abandoned village on the Iran-Iraq border that had a rarely used road running through it. Rarely except for weapons runners and terrorists. We were the overnight crew. Had a few humvees parked on each side of the road partially behind wrecked walls. We were on full duty with no one supposed to be sleeping. Our reserve unit was attached to a CA reserve outfit from the Bay Area. One guy was an Oakland PD patrol cop that thought he was hot shat. I was in the drivers seat, had a buddy in the turret on the 240, another in the passenger seat, and Super Trooper was on the hood. I tell the gang I was taking a piss and walk behind the hummer. Come back and I guess I startled Dirty Harry. Next thing I know there is an M-16 muzzle a few inches from my face shaking in the full moon. He tells me to stop. I start talking to him telling him to lower his weapon and calm down.

His response: “Shut up. Don’t talk.” Now my guy in the turret is literally tackling the moron.

When he finally realized what was going on I asked him how many hajis wear our helmets and speak with an Arkansas accent. He told me I should have told someone where I was going. The other guys lost it. They all heard me loud and clear and realized he must’ve been dozing. That was more scary that a firefight simply because I was calm before and no adrenaline was pumping prior to that.

I never did look at that turd the same again.

Last edited by philgood80; 08/18/20.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29