Had a few in my career as a firefighter. Early in my career I was blown across a room and 15' out of a building by a natural gas explosion. The outside meter had been shut off but this was a house converted into commercial property and a second service had been installed. That made the news as a crew was broadcasting as the house lit up.

Had a 1500 gallon propane tank catch fire and rupture and zip up the driveway as we slowed down to turn in. Didn't know what it was at first but it was impressive.

Was on the third floor of an apartment building doing a final check for residents and looking for extension on an assist to a neighboring city. Fire was on second floor but Command did not seem concerned. Just as I began to push the fire door open, the other side collapsed to the ground. 5 seconds later and my crew and I would have either been caught in the collapse or burned by the heat being pushed by the collapse. Nearly a year later I watched a larger version of this happen in New York. This one still gets my blood boiling. It cemented my belief that if I die during a fire, it would probably be on a mutual aid to that city.

Two different times I was shot at while at work- once in the truck and a second walking down an apartment hallway. another time I had the suspect in a knifing return and try to finish off my patient and me. Another patient tried to knife me after his high was ruined by Narcan. I checked all unconscious patients for weapons after that.

Have had numerous run ins with cattle and pigs, twice I shot an animal to save my own skin. Rolled a Roadrunner doing over 80 mph when I lost a tire while drag racing on the highway. Stayed in the hospital for 7 hours for observation. They wanted to keep me longer but I had to get to work or get fired. One recovers quickly at 19 years old when beer money is threatened. I was sober at the time of accident which is why the cops took pity on me and did not charge me with something.