I have a Remington 141 in 35 now, but so far I have not hunted with it.

1/2 a lifetime ago I had a long barreled Marlin M36 in 35 Remington too, but I had to sell it for money to help with moving. I killed 7 deer with that old Marlin and my friend in Idaho killed a nice bear with it too. I shot it with several bullets, but the only bullet I ever shot game with was the Speer 220 grain flat nose. I used one shot per deer and my friend used only 1 to kill that bear too.
All my kills gave me exit woulds or good diameter and no deer went more then about 15 feet when it was hit, with 3 of the dropping instantly. I was not with Ray when he killed the bear, but he told me about it and said the effect were quick and the bear rolled down a steep hill a ways and was dead when it stopped. My longest shot was on a smallish buck at about 140 yards, and my closest was on a large buck at about 30 yards. Ray's bear was shot at about 30 yards too.
My Remington 141 is zeroed at 100 yards with 200 grain Remington Cor-Lokts. I think I'll try them because all I have read say they are excellent for the 35 rem. I shot about 400 of them back in the 80s but for some reason, I just never shot one at any game. So I will take the word of those that say good things about them and use them in the coming seasons. I'll use that rifle for deer, and also I will try to get an antelope with it too.

My old marlin 36 and my current Rem 141 both have peep sights. Here in Wyoming I find most of my kills on antelope are at 200 and closer with about 1/2 being at 100 to 125 White tails are shot from about 200 and closer but most are killed at 75 yards or so with a few being killed at around 25 yards. So I see no huge disadvantage for the iron-sighted 35.
Last year I killed my buck antelope at about 35 yards with an iron-sighted 270 and I killed one of my does at about twelve yards with my iron-sighted 6.5X54. I killed all my game last year with iron-sighted rifles, and all were under 200 yards. I used a Savage 99 in 300 Savage, a Remington 81 in 300 Savage, a Winchester M95 in 270, an 8X57 98 Mauser sporter and a 9.3X57 M46 Swedish Mauser. In 2018 I also killed a bunch of game, but about 1/2 of them were killed with scoped rifles in that year. I did kill a whitetail buck with my old 303 Lee rifle over irons, and also a nice Antelope buck and 2 does with the 6.5 Mannlicher that year.
Today by far we see most hunters using scoped rifles and there is certainly not a thing wrong with that, but I still find a lot of fun in using irons sights on classic old guns. I seldom go hunting with any of my open or peep-sighted rifles and need to hold fire because I can't shoot far enough to make a kill. Yes it does happen now and then, but it's rare. Probably 8 times in 10, if I go out with a rifle (or handgun) with only irons sights I still return with my animal, and it's a lot more fun.

So this year I want to use the old Remington 141. If I make meat with it I'll try to post pictures. I usually don't take a camera, but my friends always have their cell-phones, so I may get some pics.