All of 35 Remingtons wear iron sight only now. Used to have a Leupold 1.5-5 on one of them but no more, The old Waffle Top has the factory iron sights and isn't drilled and tapped for a scope .

The Marlin Carbines have modern aperture sights. The newer 336 has has a rear ghost ring from XS sights and an XS front post that is black with a center white line. The same system is now installed by Marlin on some factory guns and it works very well and is easy to see in dark timber situations.

The older 336 has a rear sight from Skinner sights that can be used as a ghost ring or with various aperture inserts,I usually leave the largest insert installed,which still gives you the ghost ring look but with bolder outlines. The front sight is from marbles and has a green fiber optic bead.

Both of the open sight systems work well. I can shoot groups that hover around an inch at 75 yards with either one. This year I plan on doing most of my hunting with open sight rifles. Just want to make it a little more fun,up close and personal with open sight lever actions.