Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by sambo3006
I have a Marlin 336. I've used the Hornady and bulk Remington 200 gr RN (which I think are the same bullet) with excellent results.

I don't think they are generally the same bullet, but I do recall Mule Deer posting in the Ask the Gunwriters forum that on occasion, Remington had used ILs in place of CLs. He sectioned some Rem bullets (can't recall if they were from ammo or packaged bullets) and found the IL rings. Perhaps they have packaged ILs in some of the their bulk bullet packages over the years.

Below is a pic of a 35 cal 200 gr RN Core-lokt I pulled from .35 Rem factory ammo on the left, and a Hornady 35 cal 200 gr IL on the right. The CL is a little taller, has more lead exposed at the nose, and the jacket has a sine-wave like ripple bordering the exposed lead vs the IL having a circular border. The cannelures are at different height and of different width.

Core-Lokt Left, Interlock Right

[Linked Image]

Thanks for the info! Leave it to Mule Deer to discover that fact. grin
The bullets I have all look identical. The bulk ones were purchased loose out of a big bin at the Tulsa gun show labeled as Remington. Who knows, maybe they were Hornady?

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5