Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by johnw
He was not a resident of Kenosha. He resides in Illinois. He traveled to Kenosha looking for trouble and he found it.

I have no trouble with the moment of the shooting and him defending himself. But I'd predict that because he sought trouble by arming himself and going to a known trouble spot, prosecutors will try to imprison him for life. And I'd predict that prison for life is in his future.

He didn't live very far away. Just across the state line, and maybe 30 miles from Kenosha, I believe. If it turns out that he had close family in Kenosha it may make a difference for him. Or maybe not...

The "looking for trouble" aspect of it might be a hard point to make to a jury when you have video prior to the shooting of police in an APC giving him water and saying "we appreciate you guys being here."

Seems to me the standard for justifying use of deadly force is, you legitimately thought your life or someone else's life was in danger.

No matter how or why he was there, I can't understand anyone watching that video and coming away thinking the kid wasn't justified in believing his life was in danger. The murder charge is politicall horsesh*t.

A wise man is frequently humbled.