Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Gouging is taking advantage of someone when you can. There's a bunch of people that will suck a willie for a dollar and times like these prove who they are.

You must be Bernie Sanders fan. The prices of goods and service are set by demand and availability. An item is worth only what someone will pay for it. I sold a bunch of rifles during a past panic, the purchasers were very happy to have the opportunity to pay many times the original price. I would guess that they could now get their money back but are again happy to have what they need.

When preparation meets opportunity good things happen...some call it capitalism.

mike r

Tell ya what.
I regret not buying Mak90,s and other AK,s in the late 80,s and early 90,s.

You were smart selling them chicom AK,s at todays market value.
0 importation of em for a long time too.
Russian Veprs and Saiga,s are commanding premiums also.
Even converted ones....
0 importation of those for a long time also.

The best part was that those AKs had already paid for themselves many times as rental guns for classes. I also charged the class attendees enough to make the years of effort I had already put in worthwhile, what a concept, ironic that there was always a waiting list to be "gouged"

Prior to my retirement I could purchase guns, ammo and accessories at wholesale prices and did so w/ great vigor. I have enough mags and ammo for my Glocks and ARs to trade for a new Tundra if I so wish.

Insight trumps hindsight every time. Those that fail to learn from history repeat its' mistakes DUH!!

That 6 pointed star looks better on me than does a the L on the forehead worn by manygrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC