Originally Posted by PJGunner
Originally Posted by oldpinecricker
Bunch of bull. A No.1 is easily accurate enough for hunting use or recreational use. They are fantastic rifles and the myth that they're terribly inaccurate is in itself an inaccurate claim. For those who think they have to have incredible accuracy afield to take game or hunt thats just not true.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you.

Agree. He's making excuses to try to turn unacceptable into acceptable.

I'm not like some of ya'll here who have had a lot of #1s. I've had 5-6 maybe. Only 1 was a good shooter, good enough I didn't have to make excuses for it, and it didn't come that way out of the box, it required some gunsmith work. In the end, though, it was sweet ... a stainless / laminate #1H in .375 H&H that'd put 3 accubonds into 3/4ths of an inch reliably. The others were mostly 2.5 to 4 MOA rifles with one that was about a 12 MOA rifle .. which sucks for a heavy varmint config. Most of mine were in relatively high velocity cartridges. .220 Swift, .25-'06. Stop 'n' think .. what the hell good is a high velocity cartridge if it only gives you 2.5 MOA? Can't hit a squirrel beyond 75 yards, so what good is 4000 fps? Can't make a clean kill on a deer past 200, so what good is a 120 grain bullet over 3000 fps? If the rifle won't shoot better than that, there's no point in anything faster than a .22 Hornet or .30-30.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...