Originally Posted by Bugger
I just traded for a Ruger #1 here on the Fire. It could get three shots out of five on the paper pretty regularly at 100 yards. Sometimes the first three shots were close to 2” apart, the next two were off the paper. I sent it into Ruger.
They sent it back and proudly showed that they got three shots 7/8” apart width wise. They didn’t show the elevation distances. Oh yeh, this was at 50 yards. The rifle was a bull barrel 6mm.

What a fine varmint rifle Ruger built. Good for prairie dogs clear to 30 or maybe 40 yards. But be prepared to miss 2 out of 5.

That sucks Bugger. Reports like this is why I drug my feet for so long before buying one myself. Sorry to hear yours shoots so poorly.. And Ruger didn't even want to fix it? Off the top of my head, it seems like there is about a 60/40 split on whether it will shoot well or not. If we started a survey on the subject, it may be slightly more positive, but it could be interesting.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA