Retired to part-time five years ago and then to full time two years ago. We have a well-maintained home in a semi-rural area on an acre so there aren’t continual maintenance projects. There are times the days fill up to me wondering how I ever had time enough to work full time. But there are slower ones also.

And I’m a big reader having had a 1000+ hard copy library and another bunch more on my iPad. I occasionally write editorials or essays for online sites or the regional paper.

My handyman skills stop at duct tape and a pliers or hammer. Have a lawn service for the grass and the landscaping.

I think the best advice is decide to on some routine to give you some order in your day and week — nothing you can’t deter from but a routine of projects, service, etc gives a sense of accomplishment. It should include things you are good at and have an interest in. For example, various topics I have studied enough to become conversant enough allow me to teach them in an adult Sunday a school class.

And then there is some fishing, some shooting (my golf) and some hunting with friends.