Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Hey cash, damn nice milling you got a band saw mill or chainsaw mill? Mb

I was going to buy a Wood Mizer lt40 super hydraulic but decided renting would probably make more sense than actually purchasing. Started looking on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist and a fella contacted me about crew share of the wood.

We set up an arrangement where I keep half of the wood and pay for the band saw blades and provide the labor and he provides the saw and the operation of the saw including all Fuel and oil.

It is an outstanding relationship. He is a super nice guy and so far has only been interested in a small percentage of the actual wood he has earned.

Furthermore, the labor has been free as well. A bunch of my friends have gathered during the milling operation to provide the labor in exchange for the wood they might need for their homes barns or other projects.

If you would like to participate in the next Milling session please drop me a PM with your phone number. We are all very accommodating. Typical Arrangement is... come and help out and take a pickup truck load of lumber home with you.

The milling operation is adjacent to Quantico Marine Corps Base in Stafford County Virginia on one of my smaller farms.

We have been milling the Sweet Gum as structural members... the poplar wood as board and batten siding and the ambrosia maple as countertop cabinets and flooring. In a typical week we will make more lumber than the average Home Depot has in stock.

The Lord has blessed us with an abundance of premium trees.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.