Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Took an early retirement from Boeing a couple months ago....hard to get used to. Any advice from others who have retired....thanks in advance!

Congratulations!

I retired early at 51 myself.

3 months later I had shingles from working like a maniac for myself... I have always done side work... with my day job almost relaxing. After retiring I work like a madman on my own 300 page to do list and the shingles got me.

That helped me find a balance on working and relaxing.

Work: buying distressed properties fixing them up and flipping them. Small construction jobs and other "low on the radar/taxman" things... like making lumber.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cQyassR6qxpQzArj7

Relax: time on the parallel bar as an architect, Boy Scouts when my sons were younger, making stained glass windows, building weapons, beer making, reloading, raising oysters, hunting Etc.

A man told me 20-odd years ago that life is supposed to be balanced. I thought he was very wrong... but found out otherwise.

Congratulations again on the retirement and I hope you find a whole lot of fun stuff to do.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.