Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

I'm at about 18 months left to go before I jump to life of leisure. I am worried a bit honestly. I have trouble on vacation unless we go somewhere, just takes time to decompress, relax and re-set your body clock/schedule. My plan is to retire spring/early summer so I get decompressed before winter :-), figure with golf, hiking, fishing and getting ready for hunting, I should be able to stay busy

That's a good plan, but you don't work for 50 + years and then 1 day stop unless you die. A guy who is productive all his life and retires has 1 job left in life and that is to remain productive for yourself, to do the things around and in your home for you and family or others.It's the time in your life to find balance to get caught up on things you need to get done and things you want to do. Above all else it is the time you take total control of your life and be your own BOSS. It's really destructive to not have purpose.good luck . mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "