Originally Posted by callnum
Repub hypocrisy is TFF!

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Feb. 13, 2016: “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

I think we should honor RBG by following along with her comments and interpretation of the constitution.

. there is “nothing in the Constitution” that prevents a president from filling a vacant seat on the high court in his final year in office.

There’s nothing in the Constitution that says the president stops being president in his last year.”

I also think we should support Joe Biden’s opinion as well.

the president had a “constitutional duty” to seat a justice on the high court when a vacancy arises.

. Biden also said: “I would go forward with a confirmation process as chairman, even a few months before a presidential election, if the nominee were chosen with the advice, and not merely the consent, of the Senate, just as the Constitution requires.”

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.